• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Daily Mail Nigeria
  • Home
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Daily Mail Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
Home Metro News

Okpebholo Initiates Panel to Address Land Disputes in Edo Communities

info@dailymailngr.com by info@dailymailngr.com
November 19, 2024
in Metro News, Uncategorized
0
0
SHARES
4
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Edo State Governor, Senator Monday Okpebholo, has revealed plans to establish a commission of inquiry to resolve the ongoing land dispute in the Oke-Oroma community. The move comes after years of tension, which intensified when the previous administration under Governor Godwin Obaseki demolished several houses in the area, claiming the land was state-owned and had been sold without proper authorization.

In a statement issued by the Governor’s Chief Press Secretary, Fred Itua, Okpebholo shared that he met with community leaders, residents, and victims of the demolitions in Benin City, the state capital, on Tuesday. Accompanied by his deputy, Dennis Idahosa, the governor assured stakeholders that the commission would thoroughly investigate the issue and make recommendations based on its findings.

“We will listen to your voices,” Okpebholo told the gathered crowd. “In the next few days, I will invite you to the Government House to back my promises with action.” He reiterated his commitment to justice, pledging to rectify any injustices uncovered during the inquiry.

The governor further stated, “We will set up a Commission of Inquiry to investigate the issues surrounding this land. If the findings confirm that these lands belong to the people and Certificates of Occupancy (C of O) were wrongfully issued, I will revoke them and return the lands to their rightful owners.”

Okpebholo also called on residents to maintain peace as the investigation unfolds. “Our responsibility as a government is to provide security,” he said. “I will engage the appropriate authorities to ensure security personnel are deployed here to restore peace.”

The governor’s pledge has renewed hope among the affected residents, who have long sought a resolution to the ongoing land ownership dispute.

Tags: Edo State
Previous Post

Tuchel Has the Squad to Win 2026 World Cup, Says Carsley

Next Post

Tinubu Submits Three REC Nominees to Senate for Approval

info@dailymailngr.com

info@dailymailngr.com

Next Post

Tinubu Submits Three REC Nominees to Senate for Approval

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected test

  • 24k Followers
  • 99 Subscribers
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest

Obasanjo: Anti-Corruption Fight Must Start at the Top

December 9, 2024

US Deploys Forces in Northern Philippines to Block China’s Pacific Access via Bashi Channel

November 1, 2025
SERAP Asks Tinubu To Probe NNPC’s N5.9bn Rebranding

SERAP Asks Tinubu To Probe NNPC’s N5.9bn Rebranding

March 16, 2026

TROOPS OF OPHK THWART ISWAP ATTACK ON FOB MAIRARI, DESTROY TERRORISTS VBIEDs, LOGISTICS

December 14, 2025

Peter Obi Raises Alarm Over Court Ruling Suspending Federal Allocations to Rivers State

1

Intel Core i7-7700K ‘Kaby Lake’ review

0

Hands on: Apple iPhone 7 review

0

Retirees, It May Be Time To Get Your Head Out Of The Sand

0
Arteta Embraces Pressure As Arsenal Begin Premier League Title Defence

Arteta Embraces Pressure As Arsenal Begin Premier League Title Defence

August 21, 2026
NELFUND Applauds Tinubu As EFCC Recoveries, Unclaimed Dividends Boost Student Loan Funding

NELFUND Applauds Tinubu As EFCC Recoveries, Unclaimed Dividends Boost Student Loan Funding

August 21, 2026
Police Confirm 75 Dead in Kwara Community Attacks

Osun Poll: Police Restrict Movement, Reaffirm Ban On Amotekun, Other Non-State Security Groups

August 15, 2026
US Imposes New 12.5% Tariff on Nigerian Exports Over Forced Labour Concerns

US Could Not Verify Israeli Claims Of Iranian Plans To Assassinate Trump

August 14, 2026

Recent News

Arteta Embraces Pressure As Arsenal Begin Premier League Title Defence

Arteta Embraces Pressure As Arsenal Begin Premier League Title Defence

August 21, 2026
NELFUND Applauds Tinubu As EFCC Recoveries, Unclaimed Dividends Boost Student Loan Funding

NELFUND Applauds Tinubu As EFCC Recoveries, Unclaimed Dividends Boost Student Loan Funding

August 21, 2026
Police Confirm 75 Dead in Kwara Community Attacks

Osun Poll: Police Restrict Movement, Reaffirm Ban On Amotekun, Other Non-State Security Groups

August 15, 2026
US Imposes New 12.5% Tariff on Nigerian Exports Over Forced Labour Concerns

US Could Not Verify Israeli Claims Of Iranian Plans To Assassinate Trump

August 14, 2026

DAILYMAIL NGR aims to establish itself as a premier digital news platform, delivering reliable and engaging content to its audience.

Follow Us

Browse by Category

  • Africa
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Features
  • Health
  • International News
  • Legal
  • Metro News
  • News
  • Oil and Gas.
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • The Nation
  • Uncategorized
  • World

Recent News

Arteta Embraces Pressure As Arsenal Begin Premier League Title Defence

Arteta Embraces Pressure As Arsenal Begin Premier League Title Defence

August 21, 2026
NELFUND Applauds Tinubu As EFCC Recoveries, Unclaimed Dividends Boost Student Loan Funding

NELFUND Applauds Tinubu As EFCC Recoveries, Unclaimed Dividends Boost Student Loan Funding

August 21, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

© 2026 Daily Mail Nigeria - Powered by 3logy Limited.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home 1
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • International News
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Technology

© 2026 Daily Mail Nigeria - Powered by 3logy Limited.