• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Daily Mail Nigeria
  • Home
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Daily Mail Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
Home News

IGP Withdraws Invitation to Emir Sanusi Over Sallah Day Incident in Kano

info@dailymailngr.com by info@dailymailngr.com
April 7, 2025
in News
0
0
SHARES
4
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Inspector General of Police, Kayode Egbetokun, has rescinded an earlier invitation extended to the Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi, over a fatal incident that occurred during the Eid-el-Fitr celebrations in Kano.

Police had initially summoned the Emir to their headquarters in Abuja for questioning concerning the circumstances surrounding a violent clash that broke out during the celebration on March 30, 2025. The confrontation reportedly led to the death of one Usman Sagiru and left several others injured.

However, in a statement issued on Sunday, the Nigeria Police Force announced the withdrawal of the invitation, citing guidance from “respected stakeholders” and the need to prevent the politicization or misinterpretation of police actions.

“The Nigeria Police Force has withdrawn its earlier invitation extended to Alhaji Aminu Sanusi in connection with the unfortunate incident that occurred in Kano State during the Sallah celebration on March 30, 2025,” said Force Public Relations Officer, ACP Olumuyiwa Adejobi.

He added that the decision was made “in line with the Inspector-General of Police’s commitment to ensuring that policing actions are not politicized or misinterpreted.”

Rather than require the Emir to appear in Abuja, operatives from the Force Intelligence Department (FID) have been directed to travel to Kano to obtain his statement.

“Instead, operatives of the Force Intelligence Department (FID) have been mandated on the instructions of the IGP to proceed to Kano to obtain Alhaji Sanusi’s statement,” Adejobi confirmed.

The police disclosed that prior to the Sallah celebration, intelligence reports had revealed that both of Kano’s disputed emirs—Alhaji Ado Bayero and Alhaji Lamido Sanusi—were planning separate Durbar festivals, a traditional horse-riding procession.

To prevent unrest, the IGP deployed DIG Abubakar Sadiq, who oversees the Force Criminal Investigation Department, to mediate discussions with the emirs and the Kano State Government. It was reportedly agreed that neither emir would hold a Durbar procession on Sallah Day.

Despite this agreement, Alhaji Sanusi—who attended Eid prayers by car—allegedly mounted a horse afterward and proceeded in a procession accompanied by local vigilantes. This act allegedly provoked unrest among local youths, leading to the fatal confrontation.

According to the police, “This triggered a confrontation by youths in the community, leading to the tragic death of one Usman Sagiru, and leaving several others injured. A situation which the Force had earlier warned against and intended to avert.”

The police emphasized their commitment to a thorough investigation and the pursuit of justice.

“All individuals found culpable will at the end be brought to justice. To this effect, some arrests have been made prompting invitation to Alhaji Sanusi,” Adejobi said.

Previous Post

NSA Ribadu Vows to End Killings in Plateau as ACF, Residents Demand Urgent Action

Next Post

Kwara Shortlists 1,800 for Teaching Jobs

info@dailymailngr.com

info@dailymailngr.com

Next Post

Kwara Shortlists 1,800 for Teaching Jobs

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected test

  • 24k Followers
  • 99 Subscribers
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest

Obasanjo: Anti-Corruption Fight Must Start at the Top

December 9, 2024

US Deploys Forces in Northern Philippines to Block China’s Pacific Access via Bashi Channel

November 1, 2025
SERAP Asks Tinubu To Probe NNPC’s N5.9bn Rebranding

SERAP Asks Tinubu To Probe NNPC’s N5.9bn Rebranding

March 16, 2026

TROOPS OF OPHK THWART ISWAP ATTACK ON FOB MAIRARI, DESTROY TERRORISTS VBIEDs, LOGISTICS

December 14, 2025

Peter Obi Raises Alarm Over Court Ruling Suspending Federal Allocations to Rivers State

1

Intel Core i7-7700K ‘Kaby Lake’ review

0

Hands on: Apple iPhone 7 review

0

Retirees, It May Be Time To Get Your Head Out Of The Sand

0
Arteta Embraces Pressure As Arsenal Begin Premier League Title Defence

Arteta Embraces Pressure As Arsenal Begin Premier League Title Defence

August 21, 2026
NELFUND Applauds Tinubu As EFCC Recoveries, Unclaimed Dividends Boost Student Loan Funding

NELFUND Applauds Tinubu As EFCC Recoveries, Unclaimed Dividends Boost Student Loan Funding

August 21, 2026
Police Confirm 75 Dead in Kwara Community Attacks

Osun Poll: Police Restrict Movement, Reaffirm Ban On Amotekun, Other Non-State Security Groups

August 15, 2026
US Imposes New 12.5% Tariff on Nigerian Exports Over Forced Labour Concerns

US Could Not Verify Israeli Claims Of Iranian Plans To Assassinate Trump

August 14, 2026

Recent News

Arteta Embraces Pressure As Arsenal Begin Premier League Title Defence

Arteta Embraces Pressure As Arsenal Begin Premier League Title Defence

August 21, 2026
NELFUND Applauds Tinubu As EFCC Recoveries, Unclaimed Dividends Boost Student Loan Funding

NELFUND Applauds Tinubu As EFCC Recoveries, Unclaimed Dividends Boost Student Loan Funding

August 21, 2026
Police Confirm 75 Dead in Kwara Community Attacks

Osun Poll: Police Restrict Movement, Reaffirm Ban On Amotekun, Other Non-State Security Groups

August 15, 2026
US Imposes New 12.5% Tariff on Nigerian Exports Over Forced Labour Concerns

US Could Not Verify Israeli Claims Of Iranian Plans To Assassinate Trump

August 14, 2026

DAILYMAIL NGR aims to establish itself as a premier digital news platform, delivering reliable and engaging content to its audience.

Follow Us

Browse by Category

  • Africa
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Features
  • Health
  • International News
  • Legal
  • Metro News
  • News
  • Oil and Gas.
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • The Nation
  • Uncategorized
  • World

Recent News

Arteta Embraces Pressure As Arsenal Begin Premier League Title Defence

Arteta Embraces Pressure As Arsenal Begin Premier League Title Defence

August 21, 2026
NELFUND Applauds Tinubu As EFCC Recoveries, Unclaimed Dividends Boost Student Loan Funding

NELFUND Applauds Tinubu As EFCC Recoveries, Unclaimed Dividends Boost Student Loan Funding

August 21, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

© 2026 Daily Mail Nigeria - Powered by 3logy Limited.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home 1
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • International News
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Technology

© 2026 Daily Mail Nigeria - Powered by 3logy Limited.